From 30 November 2021 the UK Pension Regulator is requiring UK pension trustees and scheme managers ensure specific checks are made before complying with a member’s request to transfer their pension. Specifically pension members who wish to transfer their pension funds out of the UK must have a residency link with the pension scheme they are transferring to.

To transfer your UK Pension into an approved New Zealand QROPS scheme clients need to confirm their New Zealand residency.

Evidence of residency

Most New Zealand QROPS schemes now require two forms of evidence of a client’s physical address of residence and may also require a Certificate of Residency from the IRD.

More information can be found on the IRD web site certificates of residence  You can email the IRD directly through your myIRD login or write to them directly requesting a certificate of residence.

Contact Us